Heya as I was sitting at home staring out to the blue, cloudless sky after a hectic weekend spent with my friends and one of my son’s closest friends, I decided to take time for reflection on the last year. And as you can see from the photo I have this amazing wise animal placed on my desk to remind me to digest! Giraffes take forever to munch on their food and digest it!
And yes I know that at this time of year reflection seems like the last thing we have time for, right?
But I gotta tell you how powerful it is to do just that. It’s an opportunity to see how far you have come. And it’s an opportunity to decide what you would love to create for next year.
And as you know I am all about quiet reflection as the fuel to insight and progress, but often as busy high-achieving mums and women in business, we lose sight of this, so I wanted to remind you of it today 🙂
We often focus on what we haven’t achieved and how much more we have to accomplish but today I want you to measure your progress by looking back on what you have done and not on how much you have left to do! Looking back is how you measure progress and not the other way around!
So I wanted to share the questions I asked of myself when doing this (and some of the answers I came up with!)
1. What have I overcome this year?
A divorce, some major health issues and dealing with my life becoming doubly more expensive along with major shifts in the area of my parenting with my son.
2. Name 3 things I am really proud of?
– Having experienced my divorce with grace and that my ex and I are actually friends.
– Manifesting a beautiful soul in my life who treats me like a queen.
– Finishing my book and running a very successful online summit!
3. What 3 key insights did I have this year that have made a really big difference to my quality of life?
– That whatever I want to manifest already exists I just need to ask for it
– I am not responsible for my son’s experience and his tantrums say nothing about our relationship
– That I want to put my business at the heart of my asset-generating machine!
4. What did I most enjoy about 2017 and why?
Coming out the other side of my emotional roller coaster after my divorce and coming back to my centre because I now experience a peace and love I never thought was possible towards those I care about.
Spending 1 month in Bali with my son Leo and seeing my growth as a single-mum come into being.
Re-discovering who I am now without a husband and the family unit I thought I would be in and coming back to the things I love like dance and singing to nourish my soul.
Going into the African bush with some amazing souls because we laughed so hard!
5. What surprised me about 2017?
– My new love. Totally didn’t expect that at all! Tinder thank you!
– My new clients and how much I enjoy to serve the amazing over-achieving women to truly find their centre and be in the NOW.
– How much more beautiful life has become as I get more still.
6. 3 Things I am most grateful for in 2017
– Reconnecting with one of my dearest friends
– My finances that help me to have awesome experiences
– My capacity for insight that guides me daily.
7. What worked this year?
– Changing the way I work. Batch working! As I am far more effective and have a clear direction of where I am headed!
– Getting clear on who I really want to serve and committing to it; High achieving mums in business to create the perfect work-life balance that works for them so they can ditch the overwhelm and guilt and make more time for themselves and those they love.
– Making more time for the people I care about.
– Hiring Ann to be my mentor and wealth guide – am on track in terms of my finances.
8. What hasn’t worked in 2017 and what will I change?
– Hiring the wrong VA, hired a new one
– Getting angry at my son and convincing myself that his behaviour is what makes me feel that way – read a few books on the subject and have had some major shifts in this area!
– Being mean to myself about what I haven’t achieved! I am actually being a lot kinder to myself!
9. What did I let go of this year?
– Beliefs around being a mum that didn’t serve me
– Beliefs about having an online business that didn’t serve me
– A relationship that no longer served me
– People in my life that no longer served me
– The need to do another a course just so that I can achieve
10. My word for 2017 was –
CONSOLIDATION as the running theme in my life this year was SETTING UP SOME SOLID FOUNDATIONS.
11. What my new word for 2018 is
12. What do I want more of in 2018?
Singing, dancing and focus.
13. What do I want less of in 2018?
Being in so many facebook groups – deleting myself from those!
14. What would I love to create for 2018?
– Publish my book
– Take a week out skiing
– Launch my duende revival experience
– Manifest 5 VIP Spanish clients to work with
– Have my business 8 profit activators go to level 10 (at least)
15. What can I delegate?
I will find out as I go as I have all the bases covered at the moment!
16. What can I simplify?
How I work – but this is already happening as I automate, delegate and batch my work.
17. What are my non-negotiables?
– Will not do calls in the evenings
– Will not work on weekends unless doing a retreat or VIP weekend
– 2 weekends off each month for me
– Will no longer travel internationally to speak unless I get paid
– Will not work with anyone that I don’t want to work with and who isn’t a good fit
So that’s it really! I dare you now to take some time out of your day to answer these questions and to fully commit to answering them! You will be amazed at how you will see yourself from another perspective and the difference this will make to your business and lifestyle!
To your increasing effortlessness and freedom